The United Church of Huntsville began in the fall of 1959 with three families and a pioneering spirit. The first meeting place was the Raymond Jones Armory. The small group moved to the Albert Pick Motel and then to the Scottish Rite Temple.
In January 1961, the Rev. Raymond Berry became the first full-time pastor, and twelve members signed the charter in June of 1961. The fledgling congregation purchased he old Fleming farmhouse on Whitesburg Drive and called if he Church House. A building plan was adopted, and the first structure was dedicated in October 1968.
The new sanctuary was dedicated in October of 1990, transforming a vision into reality. The growing congregation, "united in faith," now reached out to the Huntsville community and beyond.